Small, but important things

Navindra Umanee navindra at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon Feb 3 08:21:45 UTC 2003

Christoph Cullmann <chrcul at studcs.uni-sb.de> wrote:
> I don't think that the header at newdesign look any better than the
> current one at wwwtesting. moving the
> location below the logo will break the whole design, you would have just
> an other bar over the blue bar
> with inform/search. Beside the colorscheme on newdesign has nearly no
> contrast, which was the main point why here some people bitched down
> root66 design and using such a non-contrast scheme is therefor  a no go.
> I am open for changes to the color scheme, but it is mostly fine now
> allready, perhaps the yellow is not the
> super color, but me and Tink thought it would look fine. Perhaps we are
> wrong, but that is no reason to change the whole site layout. If
> somebody has any better color ideas which have contrast, send them.

Well, honestly, it seems to me that Jason's design
(http://usability.kde.org/newdesign/indexl.php) has leapfrogged the
current wwwtesting which doesn't look all too professional anymore
(except for the nice cleanup of the Apps feed, etc).

The crude colours and excessive comboboxes on wwwtesting are just too
much, IMHO.

Cheers,
Navin.