KDE web logs for research

A. Gunes Koru gkoru at engr.smu.edu
Sun Aug 10 04:26:31 UTC 2003

Hello,

There is one thing I forgot to mention in my previous e-mail; Many times
practitioners make observations and reach to somehow counter-intuitive
conclusions. In addition, there might be some points that you could
convince others better if supported by solid data.

In such cases, for example if you have counter-intuitive observations, we
could state some hypotheses formally and try to reach accept/reject
conclusions by using statistical techniques. Or if you think there are
relationships between some variables or factors we could look at
correlations or create several regression models (or other models).

That kind of collaboration would provide very useful results. KDE is a
desktop I use everyday and appreciate its beauty. I would be glad if our
studies could provide beneficial results and somehow make a contribution
to KDE web and to the KDE community in general in addition to forming
scientifically valuable piece of work.

Best regards,

A. Gunes Koru