KDE web logs for research

ojschmidt at kde.org ojschmidt at kde.org
Thu Aug 7 20:32:01 UTC 2003

> In the last couple of years, we found that actually there are lots of
> similarities between www and software.

If we participate in  the study and it is publicly released, then we can
be sure of a Slashdot report on the web failures we encountered during
the move to the new layout, especially if they claim that software and
www errors are comparable. The theory is probably right, but given the
fact that the amount of people fixing website bugs is far smaller than
the number of people fixing KDE bugs, I am not sure the comparision of
www and software would work in favour of KDE.

I also believe the privacy concern is important.

Olaf.