kde.org website redesign

Jason Bainbridge jaseone at myrealbox.com
Sun Sep 22 13:50:03 UTC 2002

I like that idea very much. :)

It would also have an added benefit of freeing up some screen real estate as
the links could be in the one central place along the left, this space could
either be used for the main content or possibly news headlines?

I think the submenu's are a good idea as well, Simon Edwards implemented the
same concept for usability.kde.org and it works quite well, you just have a
menu.inc file in each sub-directory/section and some PHP magic does the rest.

Although one question, how would you see your menu structure handling the fact
that the different sub-domains would want their own menu structure? I don't
think it would work very well to have Usability's existing menu implemented
as a sub menu.  How about something along the lines of two seperate main
groups, the first being sub-domain specific and the second being global? I
realise being consistent across the sub-domains is important but I think we
would still achieve that goal with this sort of approach.

Anyway they are just some more ideas to think about...

Jason Bainbridge
KDE - Conquer Your Desktop
The KDE Usability Project - http://usability.kde.org