Comments on current kde-www

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Fri Oct 18 12:05:30 UTC 2002

On Friday 18 October 2002 01:10 pm, Neil Stevens wrote:

Hi,

> Ohter than this one-server scheme, what was accomplished here?
>
> I think we should decide finally whether this idea of having all sites
> servable from one server is something that we want to do.  *That* decision
> will make clear whether the changes are needed.

Please consider that we definetly do not want a one-server only solution under
any circumstances.

IMHO there is no technical reason why it should be impossible to consolidate
mutliple servers on a single machine in case need really arises.

Simply avoid bad interdependencies by using a seperate Document Root for every
server and simply use cvs checkouts to maintain a consistent server.
Definetly never share actual files across (virtual) servers always use
copies. The coherency of the copies is then easily maintained via cvs.

Regards,
--martin

--
Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold