Consolidation of kde domains to the main server? (was: Re: Structure of our websites (in CVS + on the servers))

Jason Bainbridge JaseOne at myrealbox.com
Mon Oct 14 07:10:16 UTC 2002

I agree with that totally, but to do so would require the extra level of abstraction within CVS I described in a previous post.

So the www module would look something like:

/www
    /apps
         /kate
         /all other apps
    /developer
    /home
    /multimedia
        /noatun
        /all other multimedia
    /printing
    /style
    /templates
    /usability

With 'home' housing all of the main kde.org, then the cron jobs for each of the sites could be updated so it grabs the source for the site plus the style & templates directories. To accomplish this on the server side you would probably need symlinks as well eg. /www/usability/templates would need to point to /www/templates but that's a no brainer.

Then if we really must have access to the sites from http://kde.org/path/to/site then they can just be setup as re-directs to http://site.kde.org.

Does that sound anything like a viable plan?

--
Jason Bainbridge
KDE - Conquer Your Desktop - http://kde.org
KDE Web Team - webmaster at kde.org