discussion? where? well, not here...

Navindra Umanee navindra at cs.mcgill.ca
Sat Nov 23 17:28:27 UTC 2002

Mat Colton <mat.colton at web-xs.de> wrote:
> It's fine if they're commercial. But since it doesn't belong to KDE
> we have no influence on the site. So maybe tomorrow they'll ask for
> a subscription for everything. What do we know? So IMHO I wouldn't
> put that on the front page.  Staying IMHO we should set up a
> apps.kde.org. :)

What the hell?  We've been using the site for years on the main page
now.  It's one of the most appreciated features of www.kde.org, and it
is worthy tribute to all of our application developers.  The dot
simply cannot fulfill the role of announcing all these applications.

In any case, I remember Andreas saying he would transfer the full
database to KDE if ever a situation arises where he can't maintain
usual service or KDE.com goes under.  All this stuff was already
discussed for the current www.kde.org.  What has changed now?

In one sentence you say the current www.kde.org is good enough, and in
the next you say the content isn't good enough for the new design.  I
think the new design will be significantly poorer if it's only about
flash and not about the content.  If that's the reasoning, we should
keep the old site which has more real functionality.

-N.