discussion? where? well, not here...

Navindra Umanee navindra at cs.mcgill.ca
Sat Nov 23 09:38:15 UTC 2002

Mat Colton <mat.colton at web-xs.de> wrote:
> As far as I can see nobody is joining in to discuss the usability/menu style
> guide stuff I posted. Why? It's too far off? You're too lazy?

Well, nobody ever seems to answer the important questions like why the
apps aren't listed on the testing page yet.

I think it's pretty much ready except for carrying the proper content,
moving the annoying clutter (search buttons, drop down menus etc) out
of the way, testing with all the browsers, and dealing with the
accessiblity concerns brought up.

The rest of the endless usability discussion simply isn't going to go
anywhere very fast.  Just need a few simple guidelines, do some proper
testing, and perhaps, as a guide, run a poll to see which design
people are most pleased with.  The ordering of the menu items can
always be tweaked afterwards, even after the launch.

On the other hand, I don't mind keeping the old site.

-N.