[Kde-women] applet help

Eva Brucherseifer eva.brucherseifer at basyskom.de
Wed Nov 16 23:08:29 CET 2005

Hi Leigh,

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 19:49, Leigh Willard wrote:
> Hello Group,
>
> I have written my first kde application - a kicker applet.  I must admit,
> I've had a lot of fun writing this little program for my lab that reminds
> people when it's time to do their backups.  However, there is one problem
> left that I need to resolve.  When I install my application into the
> kicker, and I open my "configure" panel for my applet, the entire kicker
> panel locks up (blocks) until I close my configuration window eg. I cannot
> use any of the kde menus, switch workspaces, or open applications from the
> panel.  I have installed some other third-party kicker applets, and they do
> the same thing for me.    I am using kde 3.4, but I believe that kde 3.3
> also has the same problem.  Are there any applet programmers out there that
> can help me?

This is strange, as the kicker applets I have running here don't show that
behaviour.

For your own app you should check wether your dialog is modal. there is a
parameter in the contstructor switching between modal and non-modal.

Hope that helps! Otherwise I suggest to ask on kde-devel at kde.org.

Greetings,
eva