[Kde-women] web site Translation

Lisiane Sztoltz Teixeira lisiane at kdemail.net
Wed Feb 11 19:25:14 CET 2004

Hi!

Answering some questions made by Anne (in the kde-ww maillist):

"- how is the po file generated?"
www/media/makemessages.sh - in short, it uses xgettext command to
extract potfiles (I put a po file attached to everybody take a look).

The script creates the files in kde-i18n/templates/www.kde.org/,  to the
teams translate (is it the right place? kde-i18n area?). Christian
problaby is still improving it, so I'll ask for him when the script
will be ready/useful, and the other script too (in Python, to  "turns
the translated strings into a PHP array").

"- how do we switch to another language on the webpages?"
I didnt' find out this yet ...

"- how do we advise translators of an update?"
(using the www.kdevelop.org model?)

How is this model? Could you just summarize for me?

Lisi

--
Lisiane Sztoltz Teixeira
lisiane at kdemail.net