Changing the default packager to IFW (was: NSIS)?

Konstantin Podsvirov konstantin at podsvirov.pro
Mon May 29 18:20:27 UTC 2017

29.05.2017, 21:08, "Thomas Friedrichsmeier" <thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de>:
> Hi!
>
> Creation of a proper installer has become much easier, recently, but I
> think there is still room for improvement. The next item on my list for
> this would be the choice of default packager (current 7z).
>
> In summary: I propose changing the default to NSIS.

But, if KDE friends with Qt and CMake, why not use CPack IFW generator to
create QtIFW based standalone and online installers with GUI and apropriate
repositories (and it's crossplatform too)?

https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/module/CPackIFW.html

--
Regards,
Konstantin Podsvirov (CPack IFW generator author)