KConfig issues prevent compiling KDE applications under Windows

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Feb 4 17:47:22 UTC 2017

On samedi 4 février 2017 10:46:41 CET Stephen Kelly wrote:
> On 02/04/2017 08:14 AM, Matthew Dawson wrote:

> >> Hi,
> >> Apparently it is since eab822e20620 (Jan 15).
> >> ​The bug #​375654 does not seem to provide version info but the fix isn't
> >> just released, right? CC'd Stephen Kelly.
> >
> > It seems this class was exported so it can be accessed through the Python
> > bindings.  Considering it wasn't exported before, I'm wondering why it was
> > exported for Python?
> >
> > Since removing it would be an ABI for Python scripts and the tagging is
> > happening today, can we just back out the KEntryMap API from Python?  We
> > can add it back for the next release if there is a use case for it.
> >
> > @David Faure, when do you plan on tagging this change?  For now I
> > committed a change to the auto test so it will at least build on Windows
> > (b939b48f8d5e5eaf9a51a7e9bda2ad8cedca27d9) which should be included.
> > Would
> > there be time to remove KEntryMap before the tag/release?
>
> In case you want to not export the class instead, the attached should work.

With all this we're only back to square one, KEntryMap is not exported, the
unittest needs it, so the Windows error must still be there.

But it turns out that the unittest only tests kentrymap, nothing else from
KConfigCore. So the solution is to not link to KConfigCore at all.

https://commits.kde.org/kconfig/3cb4c615990b52d40564281a862b4e5a19fc7a1c

Can someone test on Windows? It should work (TM) ;)

Working on KDE Frameworks 5