KConfig issues prevent compiling KDE applications under Windows

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Feb 4 13:08:53 UTC 2017

On samedi 4 février 2017 10:46:41 CET Stephen Kelly wrote:
> On 02/04/2017 08:14 AM, Matthew Dawson wrote:

> >> Hi,
> >> Apparently it is since eab822e20620 (Jan 15).
> >> ​The bug #​375654 does not seem to provide version info but the fix isn't
> >> just released, right? CC'd Stephen Kelly.
> >
> > It seems this class was exported so it can be accessed through the Python
> > bindings.  Considering it wasn't exported before, I'm wondering why it was
> > exported for Python?
> >
> > Since removing it would be an ABI for Python scripts and the tagging is
> > happening today, can we just back out the KEntryMap API from Python?  We
> > can add it back for the next release if there is a use case for it.
> >
> > @David Faure, when do you plan on tagging this change?  For now I
> > committed a change to the auto test so it will at least build on Windows
> > (b939b48f8d5e5eaf9a51a7e9bda2ad8cedca27d9) which should be included.
> > Would
> > there be time to remove KEntryMap before the tag/release?
>
> In case you want to not export the class instead, the attached should work.

Ah, I see what the problem is: KConfigBackend is exported + installed, and uses
KEntryMap in its API, that's why you exported it.

These are the remnants of a time when it was supposed to be possible to
implement kconfig backends externally.

But nobody uses KConfigBackend, it's exported for nothing
https://lxr.kde.org/ident?_i=KConfigBackend&_remember=1

Working on KDE Frameworks 5