How do i get gettext dev for mingw

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Sun May 5 18:47:35 UTC 2013

Am 05.05.2013 14:05, schrieb DeveloperChris:

> Hi
>
> When compiling mpir (my nemesis) I have run into YAP (yet another
> problem). My main issues are caused by an apparently buggy msys/sh.exe
> but not this time.
>
> I get undefined __printf__ errors when building the project, in
> particular when building yasm.

Lol, I had those as well ;-)
the gettext library (libintl) is provided by the gettext package. To
make mpir compile, I edited the gettext package quite a lot and I
thought I had submitted that fix:
the problem is that libintl is not compiled completely, so the
replacement functions for printf and vprintf are not compiled in. in one
of the headers you will find that printf is redefined to __printf__ for
certain cases. What I did, was simply keeping those two functions as is
and modifying the ifdefs accordingly.
The patch seems to have been submitted on 2nd of may, so maybe you might
want to rebuild your gettext package: emerge -i gettext && emerge mpir.

> Apparently I need gettext but from what I can see the gettext provided
> by emerge does not contain the development libraries
>
> I am told I should use mingw-get install gettext-dev but there is no
> mingw-get

na, forget that, we build our own stack for several reasons.

> Can anyone advise as to how I am meant to get the gettext development
> libraries. Not to build gettext but to build programs that rely on gettext.
>
> I am aware of the gettext-pkg. but it doesnt appear to contain the files
> I need.

nope, that is something else.

regards,
Patrick