How do i get gettext dev for mingw

DeveloperChris developerchris at rebel.com.au
Sun May 5 12:05:03 UTC 2013

Hi

When compiling mpir (my nemesis) I have run into YAP (yet another problem).
My main issues are caused by an apparently buggy msys/sh.exe but not this time.

I get undefined __printf__ errors when building the project, in particular
when building yasm.

Apparently I need gettext but from what I can see the gettext provided by
emerge does not contain the development libraries

I am told I should use mingw-get install gettext-dev but there is no mingw-get

Can anyone advise as to how I am meant to get the gettext development
libraries. Not to build gettext but to build programs that rely on gettext.

I am aware of the gettext-pkg. but it doesnt appear to contain the files I need.

--
Regards
Developer Chris
DeveloperChris at rebel.com.au