Use devel-package to build KDE apps from source?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 12 18:36:06 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Thomas Friedrichsmeier <
thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:

> On Tuesday 12 June 2012, Andre Heinecke wrote:
> > On Tuesday 12 June 2012 15:14:56 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm wondering wether it should be possible to install the Devel
> packages
> > > from kde-win-installer and use the installed stuff to build KDE apps
> from
> > > source?
> >
> > Theroretically yes. Bit its not practical I do not know of anyone who
> does
> > this and it is neither documented nor really tested. At least you would
> > also need some dev utils like a compiler or cmake, perl etc. and then you
> > would have to manually set up an environment. Make sure you use the right
> > build options so that everything is found etc. etc.
>
> I'm using this approach to build binaries of RKWard. True, probably it's
> not
> recommendable. But most of the time this approach allows me to upgrade the
> version of KDE I'm building against much faster than by using emerge.

Thanks for the information, I'll check how much of the files need patching
(I did find several occurrence of the N:/ folder). Looking at the website,
is ${_IMPORT_PREFIX} a cmake variable set automatically? (didn't see it in
the envvars list you're using).

Andreas