Use devel-package to build KDE apps from source?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 13 08:49:04 UTC 2012

Hi

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 8:36 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Thomas Friedrichsmeier <
> thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:

>> packages
>> from
>> >
>> > Theroretically yes. Bit its not practical I do not know of anyone who
>> does
>> > this and it is neither documented nor really tested. At least you would
>> > also need some dev utils like a compiler or cmake, perl etc. and then
>> you
>> > would have to manually set up an environment. Make sure you use the
>> right
>> > build options so that everything is found etc. etc.
>>
>> I'm using this approach to build binaries of RKWard. True, probably it's
>> not
>> recommendable. But most of the time this approach allows me to upgrade the
>> version of KDE I'm building against much faster than by using emerge.
>>

> Thanks for the information, I'll check how much of the files need patching
> (I did find several occurrence of the N:/ folder). Looking at the website,
> is ${_IMPORT_PREFIX} a cmake variable set automatically? (didn't see it in
> the envvars list you're using).

Turns out it was only the kdelibs-targets file that had references to
soprano, phonon and kdewin32. I guess adding target-export support to these
three would get rid of the problem too (at least it seems neither Qt nor
the other dependencies which are providing export-targets have this
problem).

kdevplatform built and installed without a problem now.

Andreas