Updating raptor; kde-windows workflow

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Mon Dec 10 12:04:16 UTC 2012

> - I modified the raptor2-portage file, and made 2.0.8 the default target,
> however. Is there a policy on getting others to do testing, before
> adjusting
> the default target of a package?

At least reviewboard would be nice if you are not sure (like when I was a
newcomer, and still am IMO :)

> Is there a policy on when to throw away build rules and patches for older
> versions?

As far as I can tell, there are no strict rules, and it depends on the
given change (i.e. whether a bug fix, improvement, and so forth)

> - Should I rename the portage file?

IIRC I have been told back then not to change that when I was modifying
something in this manner.

> - I pushed my commit to kde-4.9 for now. Should I push to master, too?

If you are this uncertain, I would suggest reviewboard. :-)

> Blindly  (without builing from master, first)?

I would personally say "of course not". It is not nice when someone is
blocked because of an untested commit in master.

> Or does somebody merge commits, without me having to worry?

Usually everyone manage those on his/her own, but sometimes someone
cherry-picks changes.

> - I figured out emerge --createpatch, and some other tricks, eventually.
> But
> is there a page documenting the basic workflow(s) when working in the kde-
> windows project?

This is one of your best bets:
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Windows/emerge

You can always ask on the mailing list or/and IRC (#kde-windows at freenode)

Laszlo