Updating raptor; kde-windows workflow

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Dec 10 11:52:48 UTC 2012

Hi!

I finally managed to track down the "Could not find parser plugin for encoding
trig"-error while building kdelibs on WinXP. The problem was that soprano
could not load the shared lib of that plugin. That, in turn came from a
problem in libraptor.dll, which had a mysterious problem with strtok_s in
msvcrt.dll. I don't really understand, why this didn't work, but obviously it
was a side effect of the hack that replaced re-defined strtok_r to strtok_s
when building raptor2.

Fortunately raptor 2.0.8 adds support for missing strtok_r (although that
support needed a small compile-time fix, too), and so after updating, I can
finally continue building kdelibs (well, the build is still running, I'm
keeping my fingers crossed, while typing). Now some follow-up questions:

- I modified the raptor2-portage file, and made 2.0.8 the default target,
however. Is there a policy on getting others to do testing, before adjusting
the default target of a package? Is there a policy on when to throw away build
rules and patches for older versions?

- Should I rename the portage file?

- I pushed my commit to kde-4.9 for now. Should I push to master, too? Blindly
(without builing from master, first)? Or does somebody merge commits, without
me having to worry?

- I figured out emerge --createpatch, and some other tricks, eventually. But
is there a page documenting the basic workflow(s) when working in the kde-
windows project?

Regards
Thomas