Why does windows.kde.org claim KDE includes Konsole?

John McCabe-Dansted gmatht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 06:14:26 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 7:26 AM, Patrick Spendrin <ps_ml at gmx.de> wrote:
>> P.S. I am currently using Console2, but even apparently trivial things
>> like the "Maximise" button don't work. Presumably this is because
>> Console2 needs to wrap the Win32 Console to be able access cmd.exe,
>> and the Win32 Console is really weird and not in a good way.
>
> exactly the same problems must get solved with konsole.

For Konsole to be able to be used with Win32 Console applications, or
even for unixy applications?

I seem to be able to ssh into a Cygwin box from a Linux terminal
without problems. This suggests to me that if we don't care about
Win32 Console applications, porting Konsole shouldn't pose unusual
difficulties (not that I claim to know). Since we already have a
console that has bug-for-bug compatibility with the Win32 Console
(Console2), it seems that a console that just works for unixy
applications is more important than a second Console2.

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted