Why does windows.kde.org claim KDE includes Konsole?

Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański wawrzek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 10:03:27 CEST 2011

On 29 June 2011 00:26, Patrick Spendrin <ps_ml at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 28.06.2011 07:52, schrieb John McCabe-Dansted:

[...]
>> It would be nice to have a powerful terminal to run
>> /cygwin/bin/{dash,bash,ssh} etc. without having to deal with Win32
>> Console related bugs. Something like lxterminal.exe from Cygwin, but
>>that doesn't need X11. I guess hooking into Cygwin ptys may require
>> linking against cygwin.dll, which comes with problems of its own.
>
> linking against cygwin is more or less forbidden for us (you can't
> really mix non-cygwin and cygwin apps). You can always run the cygwin
> bash inside console2 (and maybe also in future versions of konsole).
>
> One of the reasons why Konsole is not ported, is that normally nobody
> *really* needs it.
[...]

Interesting - I considered KDE on Windows mostly for Konsole (and
Yakuake) and haven't left the list in hope than some will say 'I've
ported konsole' . It would be great, to have KDE, Konsole on 'working
kernel' (Linux on my work laptop is FAR from ideal ;-(. I guess there
might be more people in my position, or even worse, when IT policy
allow them have only Windows on the computer.

Cheers,
Wawrzek

--
 Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański      vel Wawrzek Larry or LarryN
    Linux User #177124              E-MAIL: wawrzek at gmail.com
 PhD in Quantum Chemistry            WWW: http://wawrzek.name
 MSc in Molecular Engineering           JID: wawrzek at jabber.wroc.pl