Testing Libical on Windows for the next release

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Wed Jun 22 14:54:28 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2011 14:28:20 schrieb Patrick Spendrin:
> Am 22.06.2011 13:34, schrieb Allen Winter:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > Over the past few months I have made a lot of changes to the buildsystem
> > (mainly the CMake buildsystem) for Windows using various combinations of
> > mingw and MSVC.
> >
> > However, I'm scared to commit those changes without more testing by
> > people who know Windows better than I do.
> >
> > So this is a call for volunteers to test building and using my changes on
> > Windows. I can send you tarballs of my work and you would test it locally
> > and let me know. Or I could commit into a test branch.
First thank you for to asking here and notifing us about your concerns I would
whish more developers / maintainers would do this.

> Can you commit into a test branch and/or upload the tarball with your
> changes somewhere?
I would prefer the offered test branch which would make it easier to test
fixes and create patches.

> We want to make a new release together with 4.7.0; before that we need
> to fix & build the 3rdparty dependencies like libical.
> Please also write down what we can test for you (e.g. only running make
> test? any custom test executables?).
>
> > Volunteers?
I should be able to do some testing this weekend or tonight, for me it would
mean that I would build kdepim with your libical and test some basic calendar
features.

> > Another  point... 'make test' crashes for anything that touches timezone
> > files. Which means I need someone who knows how to deal with timezones on
> > Windows too.
I know the ksystemtimezone code for windows a bit (Hacked it for wince) but
ktimezone works with the windows timezone database ( registry ). For libical
our current source package contains the zoneinfo files.
I would need to know more about what touching timezone files means in that
case before i could say if i know how to help or not.

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262 |  http://www.intevation.de/