Testing Libical on Windows for the next release

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Wed Jun 22 14:28:20 CEST 2011

Am 22.06.2011 13:34, schrieb Allen Winter:
> Howdy,
>
> Over the past few months I have made a lot of changes to the buildsystem (mainly the CMake buildsystem) for Windows using various combinations of mingw and MSVC.
>
> However, I'm scared to commit those changes without more testing by people who know Windows better than I do.
>
> So this is a call for volunteers to test building and using my changes on Windows.
> I can send you tarballs of my work and you would test it locally and let me know.
> Or I could commit into a test branch.

Can you commit into a test branch and/or upload the tarball with your
changes somewhere?
We want to make a new release together with 4.7.0; before that we need
to fix & build the 3rdparty dependencies like libical.
Please also write down what we can test for you (e.g. only running make
test? any custom test executables?).

> Volunteers?
>
> Another  point... 'make test' crashes for anything that touches timezone files.
> Which means I need someone who knows how to deal with timezones on Windows too.

Hm.

regards,
Patrick