News from Kontact Enterprise

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri Feb 18 15:07:26 CET 2011

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 17. Februar 2011 18:53:03 schrieb Romain Pokrzywka:
> I'm gonna try to be part of the effort, either profesionally as part of
> KDAB or personally as part of the KDE-Windows team.
Nice, good news :)
For now i first need to get the e5 portage up to speed to get a better
overview about build problems.

> I like the idea of using the same approach as with Komo/WinCE. Also, we've
> learned a lot regarding performance during that phase, for example
> regarding Akonadi, so I'm sure it'll be benefitial on the desktop too.
Yes, i am currently planning to use Strigi search and the sqlite akonadi db
backend. Virtuoso is still an option for the Enterprise installer, but for
the KDE-Windows Installer i see no other option then to drop virtuoso.
Since virtuoso can not be installed correctly by the KDE-Windows Installer i
guess this means no Nepomuk on Windows (afaik no other backend is supported
anymore?).

> Do we have a timeline as to how and when the project will be started ?
> Romain
I've already started, our packaging scripts are already in emerge under
portage/package/kdepim-e5-package but will need some more work of course once
we get the build through.
The Build system is already running, first reports are there, some git
problems and outdated e5 portage files ;)

My current aim for time is that we have some sucessfully built packages by the
end of next week but there might be distractions as always.

Regards
Andre
--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262 |  http://www.intevation.de/