kdesupport/emerge/portage/win32libs-sources/libxml2-src

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Apr 7 13:14:20 CEST 2011

Am 07.04.2011 04:08, schrieb Wolfgang Rohdewald:
> On Mittwoch 06 April 2011, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
>> On Mittwoch 06 April 2011, Ralf Habacker wrote:
>>> added patch from
>>> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2011-April/msg00010.html
>>> provided by Wolfgang Rohdewald - this should fix the
>>> annoying meinproc4 crash for now
>> actually this fixes meinproc4 in some cases but not always
>> like
>>
>> de/docs/extragear-graphics/kgraphicsviewer
>>
>> I am working on that
> well - it took me far too much time (I should have seen
> that much sooner but I did not even look at your commit)
this is a well known issue, after finding the problem, the indirections
are visible :-)

BTW: which commit are you refering ? In the last commit I added only the
fix you provided.
> but now I know this is a crash that your commit introduced.
>
>   +set(WITH_ISO8859X 1)
> -+set(WITH_DEBUG 0)
> ++set(WITH_DEBUG 1)
>   +set(WITH_MEM_DEBUG 0)
> -+set(WITH_RUN_DEBUG 0)
> ++set(WITH_RUN_DEBUG 1)
>   +set(WITH_REGEXPS 1)
The options you are refering to has been added in commit 1192278 in
November 2010 and works without any problems with kde 4.5 until now. ;-)
Remember that the main problem is an implementation problem in libxml2
as stated in
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2011-April/msg00011.html, so your
efforts helped to find this out. Otherwise all other developers
compiling libxml2-src in debug modes will fail into this problem too.

Regards