kdesupport/emerge/portage/win32libs-sources/libxml2-src

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Thu Apr 7 04:08:27 CEST 2011

On Mittwoch 06 April 2011, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> On Mittwoch 06 April 2011, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> > added patch from
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2011-April/msg00010.html
> > provided by Wolfgang Rohdewald - this should fix the
> > annoying meinproc4 crash for now
>
> actually this fixes meinproc4 in some cases but not always
> like
>
> de/docs/extragear-graphics/kgraphicsviewer
>
> I am working on that

well - it took me far too much time (I should have seen
that much sooner but I did not even look at your commit)
but now I know this is a crash that your commit introduced.

 +set(WITH_ISO8859X 1)
-+set(WITH_DEBUG 0)
++set(WITH_DEBUG 1)
 +set(WITH_MEM_DEBUG 0)
-+set(WITH_RUN_DEBUG 0)
++set(WITH_RUN_DEBUG 1)
 +set(WITH_REGEXPS 1)

libxml2 does have more bugs and those debug options exhibit
them and make meinproc4 crash. But they do not seem to be a
problem for parsing KDE4 index.docbooks. I can now process
them all with emerge kde4-l10n (tried only german)

If I compile libxml2 with those options on Linux, valgrind
finds those bugs. I posted that on the libxml2 mailing list

So - Ralf, could you please revert this part?
(libxslt-src will have to be recompiled if you compiled it
after your patch)

--
Wolfgang