kdesupport/emerge/portage/win32libs-sources/libxml2-src

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Thu Apr 7 13:51:00 CEST 2011

On Donnerstag 07 April 2011, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Am 07.04.2011 04:08, schrieb Wolfgang Rohdewald:
> >>
> >> actually this fixes meinproc4 in some cases but not always
> >> like
> >>
> >> de/docs/extragear-graphics/kgraphicsviewer
> >>
> >> I am working on that
> >
> > well - it took me far too much time (I should have seen
> > that much sooner but I did not even look at your commit)
>
> BTW: which commit are you refering ? In the last commit I
> added only the fix you provided.

I have no idea how I came up with that diff last night -
sorry for the false alarm.

> kde 4.5 until now. ;-) Remember that the main problem is an
> implementation problem in libxml2 as stated in
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2011-April/msg00011.html,

that was the first bug, there are more. BTW there is no answer
yet whether the libxml2 people think this patch is correct.

> so your efforts helped to find this out. Otherwise all other
> developers compiling libxml2-src in debug modes will fail
> into this problem too.

how many of them do that instead of using precompiled libxml2?
And how many of those also emerge kde4-l10n? I can only find 2
recipes depending on libxml2-src - both in old enterprise4

I only used libxml2-src for finding that bug.
With those debug options on, things like
extragear-graphics/kgraphicsviewer/index.docbook
make meinproc4 fail. And on Linux with those debug options,
valgrind meinproc4 finds bugs. Both with my patch applied
to libxml2 - so there are more bugs in libxml2.
But with debug options off, everything is fine - meinproc4.exe
and valgrind meinproc4

but now that you just disabled those options this should be
fixed, thanks!

--
Wolfgang