[GSoC] Introduction

Ilie Halip lupuroshu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 20:35:13 CET 2010

Hello!

My name is Ilie Halip, and I'm a student at the Faculty of Computer Science
in Iasi, Romania, currently in year 1 - master studies. I'm really
interested about this year's Google Summer of Code, I've been subscribed
both to the Google group and kde-soc for quite some time now. :)

Anyway, I got to your list of ideas earlier today. The project
involving DrKonqi
on Windows is what caught my attention, and seemed the most appropriate for
me. I have experience working with Windows API, and I'm no stranger to Qt
(which I used for school projects; I wrote an FTP client, and helped a
colleague with a multiplayer chess game). I'm not really good with a lot of
languages, but I do know enough Java, C# and PHP. My strong point is
actually C++ because I did most of my work using it.

I know that mentoring applications start next week, but I was really eager
to introduce myself. :D

That's it for now, I hope I didn't bore you too much. :) If anyone could
help me contact Patrick Spendrin or George Kiagiadaki, I'd greatly
appreciate it, because they are listed as possible mentors.

Thanks for reading,
Ilie.