[GSoC] Introduction

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 00:39:05 CET 2010

2010/3/2 Ilie Halip <lupuroshu at gmail.com>:
> Hello!
>
> My name is Ilie Halip, and I'm a student at the Faculty of Computer Science
> in Iasi, Romania, currently in year 1 - master studies. I'm really
> interested about this year's Google Summer of Code, I've been subscribed
> both to the Google group and kde-soc for quite some time now. :)
>
> Anyway, I got to your list of ideas earlier today. The project involving
> DrKonqi on Windows is what caught my attention, and seemed the most
> appropriate for me. I have experience working with Windows API, and I'm no
> stranger to Qt (which I used for school projects; I wrote an FTP client, and
> helped a colleague with a multiplayer chess game). I'm not really good with
> a lot of languages, but I do know enough Java, C# and PHP. My strong point
> is actually C++ because I did most of my work using it.
>
> I know that mentoring applications start next week, but I was really eager
> to introduce myself. :D
>
> That's it for now, I hope I didn't bore you too much. :) If anyone could
> help me contact Patrick Spendrin or George Kiagiadaki, I'd greatly
> appreciate it, because they are listed as possible mentors.

Hi,
That sounds great. Apparently you have already contacted both of us
(me and Patrick), as we are both subscribed here. I actually started
this idea, so you can ask me further questions that you may have,
either by email or on irc (#kde-windows on irc.freenode.net, ask for
gkiagia). Maybe you should also read our previous discussion on this
topic, which started a few days ago:

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-windows/2010-February/004709.html
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-windows/2010-March/004712.html

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. I'll be happy to answer them.

Regards,
George