Compiling digiKam

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 18 11:01:54 CET 2010

Am Samstag, 16. Januar 2010 21:54:02 schrieb Peter Shute:
> http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-6017
>
> I don't understand the workaround described there.  Can anyone explain it
> to me?  Or tell me another way to get this job done?

There are some ways of using the compiler that cause the defect to appear.
The workaround tries to avoid them.
Step one is to issue the command manually yourself for the file in question
and then continue the regular build after you have managed to compile it.
The second step is to change the issued command to make the compile work.
Wiht PCH, I think the person commenting means a prebuild header file
I do not know by heart which option that is.
I believe we had to sometimes leave out the "-O2" optimisation to get
something build with mingw.

A mid term tactic to get this out of the way is to try mingw-w64 (yes even for
32 bit builds) and report the problem to them.

Bernhard