Compiling digiKam

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Wed Jan 20 20:41:45 CET 2010

Peter Shute wrote:
> I then tried using emerge, as described at:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/Windows/emerge and
> had more luck but ran into a problem.  After 5 or so hours of
> downloading and compiling, it crashed with the same error described
> here: http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-6017
>
> I don't understand the workaround described there.  Can anyone
> explain it to me?  Or tell me another way to get this job done?

Hi Peter,

1) restart the build of qt using 'emerge --noclean qt'
2) after 5 or ten minutes (you need to let it build moc.exe, uic.exe and
then recreate all the Makefiles) open a new Command Prompt window, empty
the path, run kdeenv.bat so that it is all ready to run emerge.
3) Change to the directory of the failed compile
	cd
%kderoot%\build\libs\qt-4.6.0.20100109\work\mingw4-RelWithDebInfo-4.6\tools\designer\src\components\lib
4) now run this:-
	mingw32-make -f Makefile
5) let the build of qt complete (several hours)
6) restart the build of digikam with
	emerge digikam

Andrew