MSVC 2008

Rob Bayer rob.bayer+kde at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 18:24:57 CET 2009

2009/3/13 Zeke Conner <xzekex at live.co.uk>:
> When will there be binaries for MSVC 2008? 2005 is quite old eh? And I
> already have 2008 installed and dun feel like going through the hassle of
> 2005 which I've already tried to before and it was just annoying.

I've gotten most everything to compile just fine with 2008 Express by
just changing kdesettings.bat to use msvc2008.  The only real trick is
that currently boost is downloaded as a pre-built library and they
only provide -vc80 files whereas 2008 requires -vc90.  You can fix
this pretty easily by downloading the full (actually, just Program
Options and Python iirc) Boost from
http://www.boostpro.com/products/free and then copying the
program_options and python-boost files from that installation into
your kderoot/lib folder.

Rob