MSVC 2008

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Fri Mar 13 13:47:43 CET 2009

Zeke Conner schrieb:
> When will there be binaries for MSVC 2008? 2005 is quite old eh? And I
> already have 2008 installed and dun feel like going through the hassle
> of 2005 which I've already tried to before and it was just annoying.
Just to give some more information:
One major problem we still have is that explicit targets for one of the
two msvc compilers are not yet handled (so far it is mainly boost). This
simply needs some work for us to include those libraries into the boost
binary package or provide a compiler dependent one.
There are other problems between 2k5 and 2k8 so far which are more
problematic: If you install the vcredist made with 2k5 it will give you
quite some crashes when building with 2k8. This is hard to find out.

In the long run I think we can switch to 2k8 but atm I am too lazy to
change to a newer vs version (especially since 2k8 builds are possible).

About the cmakeports stuff:
I was at the irc meeting two weeks ago, and I think since we really do
use a lot of cmake we can contribute there too. This improves the
probability that our patches don't start to rod and get improvements
from other sides too. We might not want to use all of cmakeports cmake
stuff, but we definitely can use/share some of them.

regards,
Patrick

web:                 http://windows.kde.org