MSVC 2008

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Fri Mar 13 18:59:39 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Rob Bayer <rob.bayer+kde at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've gotten most everything to compile just fine with 2008 Express by
> just changing kdesettings.bat to use msvc2008.  The only real trick is
> that currently boost is downloaded as a pre-built library and they
> only provide -vc80 files whereas 2008 requires -vc90.  You can fix
> this pretty easily by downloading the full (actually, just Program
> Options and Python iirc) Boost from
> http://www.boostpro.com/products/free and then copying the
> program_options and python-boost files from that installation into
> your kderoot/lib folder.

The proper way to fix this is to fix

kdesupport/emerge/portage/win32libs-bin/boost/boost-20090117.py

I can do that but as I cannot upload to kde-windows.sf.net, I'd rather
not touch anything because I'm not 100% the binaries from BoostPro
work flawlessly. Unfortunately, I'm currently too busy at the moment
with other projects, so I cannot help you with this now.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org