MSVC 2008

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Fri Mar 13 10:16:07 CET 2009

> Von: Pau Garcia i Quiles
> 2009/3/13 Zeke Conner
> > When will there be binaries for MSVC 2008? 2005 is quite old eh? And I
> > already have 2008 installed and dun feel like going through the hassle
> of
> > 2005 which I've already tried to before and it was just annoying.
>
> MSVC2005 and MSVC2008 are ABI-compatible, so you do not need special
> binaries, as Christian said.
>
> However, if you want to build your own binaries for MSVC2008, it's
> easy: you just need to set KDECOMPILER=msvc2008 in kdesettings.bat.
> It's been there for at least six months.

The reason why I don't like this is that all win32libs (including boost, poppler and others) are compiled with msvc2005sp1 and therefore will use a different msvcrt. This can lead to problem which are hard to track for someone without knowledge. Therefore I strongly advise to *not* use msvc2008 with emerge unless you know what you're doing...

Christian
--
Nur bis 16.03.! DSL-Komplettanschluss inkl. WLAN-Modem für nur
17,95 ¿/mtl. + 1 Monat gratis!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a