KDevelop hangs in Solid/WMI stuff while trying to do an RPC call to some windows service

Maurice Kalinowski haiku at kaldience.com
Wed Jun 24 00:05:05 CEST 2009

Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> Why is this not in svn? Are there cases where it does work?
Yes actually it works on most platforms. Basically it seems to be
related to either vista, 64bit or using vs2008, maybe even some
combination. I do have 64bit vista with msvc2005 on my desktop machine,
there it works as well. Using Windows 7 64bit , vs2008 hangs though...

Just grep for "ConnectServer(), wmi, hang" on your favorite search engine.

Maurice