KDevelop hangs in Solid/WMI stuff while trying to do an RPC call to some windows service

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 23 23:51:32 CEST 2009

On 23.06.09 23:39:15, Maurice Kalinowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is a known issue, where no solution has been figured yet.
> Temporarily you can use following hack to get applications launched....
> Problem is that ConnectServer() simply doesn't return.

Why is this not in svn? Are there cases where it does work? Because if
it currently doesn't work at all, this should be in svn so other people
don't have to debug this themselves.

Also as far as I could see it should work just as well if I set the
SOLID_FAKEHW env variable (looking at managebase.cpp in solid/) but that
doesn't seem to do the trick.

Andreas

--
You would if you could but you can't so you won't.