Kmail problem

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Jan 12 19:12:51 CET 2009

Bernhard Reiter schrieb:
> On Sonntag, 11. Januar 2009, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>
>>> Just a question to the developers:
>>> do you intend to perfect KMail for KDE-on-Windows in the near time?
>>>
>>> In my humble opinion KDE has 2 killer applications for Windows users:
>>> - KMail (quite transparent storage of mails)
>>>

> Within the 6 month I wildly KMail (we optimise the testing on KMail as part of
> Kontact) will be good for general production.
> The KMail within Kontact Enterprise4 has reached beta status
> (minus packaging).

I guess that somewhere should be a meeting (may be in Osnabrück) where
all this package and build system related stuff could be discussed.
The results should be merged together into a good strategy for the next
years. In the past we got several requests/ideas from which the
following topics are extracted:

    - package size improvements (better compression e.g. lzma)
    - single application packages
    - dependency improvements and base package splits to reduze required
installation size (there were reports that amarok needs about 500 MB
installation size yet)
    - single application standalone installer
    - required installer features and improvements
    - more topics ?

Regards