how do I get this thing running?

Father Gordon Gilbert fathergord at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 01:58:53 CET 2009

Hi to all on the list,

I just downloaded and installed the KDE package for Windoze on my IBM laptop
(P-5, reasonable horsepower) via a *very slow* dial-up connection.  When all
was said and done, I have tried to fire up various parts of it, to no
effect.  I even tried rebooting to see if that would help -- apparently
not.  Amarok (which I particularly wanted on this machine, since I like it
so much on my PC-BSD machine) started, with some 'exceptions' of some sort.
Now I'm not a geek-type in the least, so exploring the logfile would'nt help
me at all.

Can anybody offer any help in diagnosing and fixing my trouble?

Gordon+

--
Fr. Gordon Gilbert
Penetanguishene, ON