X64 MSVC KDE

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Sat Aug 22 15:40:05 CEST 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Casper van
Donderen<casper.vandonderen at gmail.com> wrote:
> As promised on IRC during the week I tried to start to compile x64 KDE packages for Windows.
>
> This causes a lot of problems with the dependencies (the GNU ones) because these need to be compiled as x64 as well. The only way to compile these is with mingw-w64. I spent some time on their IRC channel yesterday OFTC:#mingw-w64. And came to the conclusion after some trying that:
> A) I'm not good enough with the GNU tools to get the toolchain setup properly.
> B) It is easiest to compile these dependencies from Linux. The cygwin package is only 32-bit so then I run 64-bit Windows with a 32-bit compiler for libtool to compile 64-bit libs.
>
> So if there are any cross-compiling guru's here for the dependencies I would be willing to try again. But for now I'm going back to 32-bit Amarok Windows testing/compiling.

IMHO the best way to achieve this would be converting *all* our 3rd
party dependencies to CMake. A daunting effort, I know, but I'm slowly
converting stuff: last week I did libwv2 (needed for KWord) and I'll
be converting OpenSSL as soon as I finish adding Perl-compatible
regular expressions to CMake. This would make possible (maybe even
*easy*) to build everything with MinGW and VC++, both in 32 and 64
bits.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org