kipi.dll missing in MSVC

Eduard Sukharev kraplax at mail.ru
Sun Aug 16 17:39:15 CEST 2009

В сообщении от Воскресенье 16 августа 2009 13:37:30 автор Martin Wolters
написал:
> Great,
>
> digiKam now starts up!! However, it doesn't show pictures yet. I am using
> the "default" location (e.g. "C:/Documents and Settings/mwolt/My
> Documents/My Pictures") for database and pictures. It looks like digikam
> did create a database file there as well (digikam4.db and
> thumbnails-digikam.db). However, even after Tools -> Scan for new images
> there are no images displayed although the folder includes some jpg's. When
> playing around I did get a couple times two kind of error messages: One
> about the database not being available, another one about the folder would
> not exist or would not be readable. However, I was not able to figure out
> when exactly that occurs.
>
> Does anyone have some ideas? Am I missing some database driver? Or is there
> a trick required with slashes / backslashes / quotation marks. The two
> relevant entries in my digikamrc look like as follows:
>
> Album Path=C:/Documents and Settings/mwolt/My Documents/My Pictures
> Database File Path=C:/Documents and Settings/mwolt/My Documents/My Pictures
>
> -M

Hi

I'm really not sure if you're missing some library, but just guessing for now
- try to setup digikam so that database would be in different directory. As i
remeber there were, and maybe still are, some issues with rights on Windows in
some directories (namely C:\, C:\Windows and user "home dir" - C:\Documents
and settings\<Username>\). This bug might have been fixed already, but you may
still try. Also try to change the album path.
--

Best regards,
Eduard