kipi.dll missing in MSVC

Martin Wolters martin at martinwolters.com
Sun Aug 16 15:37:30 CEST 2009

Great,

digiKam now starts up!! However, it doesn't show pictures yet. I am using the "default" location (e.g. "C:/Documents and Settings/mwolt/My Documents/My Pictures") for database and pictures. It looks like digikam did create a database file there as well (digikam4.db and thumbnails-digikam.db). However, even after Tools -> Scan for new images there are no images displayed although the folder includes some jpg's. When playing around I did get a couple times two kind of error messages: One about the database not being available, another one about the folder would not exist or would not be readable. However, I was not able to figure out when exactly that occurs.

Does anyone have some ideas? Am I missing some database driver? Or is there a trick required with slashes / backslashes / quotation marks. The two relevant entries in my digikamrc look like as follows:

Album Path=C:/Documents and Settings/mwolt/My Documents/My Pictures
Database File Path=C:/Documents and Settings/mwolt/My Documents/My Pictures

-M