kdesdk build problem

Clinton Reddekop clinton.reddekop at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 05:08:39 CET 2008

Hello,

Well, I still don't know what is going on.  The best I can say is that the
problem occurs somewhere in the constructor for KApplication.  I found that
q->setWindowIcon(...) seemed to be causing the problem, so I commented it
out and then found that the problem seemed to be caused somewhere later in
the code also:  KClipboardSynchronizer::self() seemed to be causing it, as
well as QDBusConnection::sessionBus().isConnected().  These use macros
K_GLOBAL_STATIC/Q_GLOBAL_STATIC so I started to suspect those.  But putting
my own dummy K_GLOBAL_STATIC near the beginning of main() didn't cause the
problem.  Does anyone have any ideas for me about this?

It would be really nice to be able to run this in a debugger and step
through the code - does anybody know how to do this?  I've used eclipse
before but don't know how to get it to work with the kde-windows code...

Thanks,
Clint

There are several mistakes in my previous e-mail about this - please
disregard it.