kdesdk build problem

Clinton Reddekop clinton.reddekop at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 22:25:59 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm still working on the problem described in my previous messages.  I did
some experimentation using the code for kpercentage (which has the same
problem), and found that the "Runtime Error!" dialog is caused by the line:
    KApplication a;
in main.cpp.  Here is the applicable constructor (I think) for KApplication,
from kapplication.cpp:
    KApplication::KApplication(bool GUIenabled)
        :
QApplication((KApplicationPrivate::preqapplicationhack(),KCmdLineArgs::qtArgc()),

            KCmdLineArgs::qtArgv(), GUIenabled),
            d(new KApplicationPrivate(this))
{
    d->read_app_startup_id();
    setApplicationName(d->componentData.componentName());
    setOrganizationDomain(d->componentData.aboutData
()->organizationDomain());
    installSigpipeHandler();
    d->init(GUIenabled);
}
I did more experimentation and determined that the error dialog IS caused
BEFORE the function body of KApplication::KApplication(bool GUIenabled) is
entered.  Furthermore it is caused AFTER the constructor
KApplicationPrivate(this) runs.

So I guess it must be caused by d() (I'm assuming from the code above that
d() is called after the QApplication() constructor).  Unfortunately I don't
know what or where d() is.  Can anybody help?

My experimentation method involved putting a call to exit() at various
points in the code, to see how far it had to get for the "Runtime Error!"
dialog to appear.  I hope this is a valid way of testing?  (If there is
another thread running by this point then I could be looking in the wrong
place?)  Sorry if I've made any mistakes here.

Thanks,
Clint