A couple of newbie questions

Michael O'Shea michael.a.oshea at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 23:05:38 CET 2008

Hi Guys,

just a couple of questions before I can get up and running :

1) The installer.

The first time I ran the installer I chose "End User" and "unspecified
compiler". That downloaded the binaries and I'm able to execute a number of
K apps. Now I'd like to start getting some source code, I somehow can't
change these options which stay greyed out in the installer's settings. I
dug around a bit (looking for a config file, registry entries, running the
installer from the command line looking for some extra options, etc) but
with no success.

Can someone point out how I can change these settings ?

2) The bug list

As of *Fri Feb 1 22:59:22 CET 2008 *there are 22 bugs listed. Either you
guys have done a fantastic job of the port so far, or you haven't been
logging bugs ! That's not the point of my question though. This being my
first time trying to help out an OSS project, I'm unsure as to the procedure
for having a bug assigned to oneself. I can imagine a few scenarios but am
curious as to the usual modus operandi.

Where do I go from here ?

OK, that's all for now. I'll only really be able to get into this when my
first question gets an answer so I'm really eager to hear from someone on
that.

Cheers !

Michael