404 on most of the mirrors

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Fri Feb 1 14:56:34 CET 2008

On Thursday 31 January 2008, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:

> >> e.g. http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/kde/unstable/3.97/windows does not work
> >> anymore.
> > the 3.97 unstable release was completly removed from the kde mirrors by
> > unknown. :-(

Sorry, a small messup that has been fixed. The files should appear again
shortly.

> ok, looks like we need our own server. The whole thing we the kde
> mirrors don't work at all. We've other needs than what ftp.kde.org is
> made for. We need to release packages like any other linux distribution.

And why can't you use download.kde.org for that? I think it is fine to add
smallish patches to our sources to be able to keep them compiling. And if you
regularly track the weekly snapshots of KDE 4.1, you should come close to a
state where you can just semi-automatically build the new snapshot without
any additional patch needed.

> CC'ing to release-team - maybe they've an idea how to solve this problem.

My idea would be: work together, help ensure that the weekly snapshots are in
a good state, package them and provide them via download.kde.org. If you run
into a problem, tell us about it instead of trying to do your own thing.

Greetings,
Dirk