Plasma Windows

Steven J. Terrill terrilsj at clarkson.edu
Thu Aug 28 15:48:45 CEST 2008

Hello,

I became aware of the effort to port plasma to replace the explorer shell a few weeks back from a dot.kde.org digest. I would be interested in contributing to this effort, I do not have any OSS experience, I'm currently a senior student of Computer Engineering. Could I have a point of contact on this effort to talk with and possibly get pointed in the correct direction.

Apart from kde itself, I'm also interested in discovering the interfaces microsoft provides for replacing the shell. I am a Windows Vista user, but should be able to obtain a copy of XP for vm use if plasma on vista doesn't work at the moment.

Thanks,
Steven