target group

Michael Bischof michael-bischof at dv-kombinat.de
Thu Aug 28 19:47:32 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag, 28. August 2008 07:40:21 schrieb Ralf Habacker:

> KDE uses the default browser - in firefox 3.0 this could be setup in
> "Einstellungen"  "Allgemein" "Systemeinstellungen" Butten "Jetzt
> überprüfen"

No, there are under ,,Allgemein" no settings as ,,Systemeinstellungen"-Buttons
in my (Windows-)Firefox 3 - Browser.

> many eduation apps should work out of the box too

Yes, in fact they run - at least kgeography I can use in the school right now.
That kwrite does not run well they must not notice...

> > I can open Kmail and
> > get messages - but I cannot send any because Kdepim is compiled so that
> > it does not support authentication - the error message told me that.
>
> kdepim is marked in the 4.1.0 release as unstable - there are more known
> problems with kmail

> - it looks that there is a problem with the creating of the backup
> filename - is anyone here who can take a look at the code ?

KMail accepts POP3-mails without trouble. But it is not possible for me to
send any mail because the authentizication does not work.

Thank you for the quick response,

Michael Bischof