target group

Michael Bischof michael-bischof at dv-kombinat.de
Tue Aug 26 16:02:45 CEST 2008

Am Dienstag, 26. August 2008 15:38:37 schrieb Dan Meltzer:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Michael Bischof
>
> <michael-bischof at dv-kombinat.de> wrote:
> > Gentlemen,
> >
> > who is the target group of kde-for-windows? I am just trying it out and
> > find it in a status where I cannot recommend it to my pupils.

> At this point, where kde-windows has yet to be released,
?
I got it because somebody had pretended it was released.
,,July 29th, 2008 : Announcement: Release of KDE 4.1.0 on Windows
   Again we have been very quiet but not lazy for the last months. KDE on
windows has evolved quite a bit, with more packages available, some nasty
bugs fixed and hopefully more stability

 Available for download are: kdebase-apps, kdebase-workspace, kdeedu,
kdegames, kdegraphics, kdenetwork and kdewebdev. Some of packages haven't
made it today and will arrive tomorrow: this will be kdeedu and kdebase-apps
on msvc and kdeutils on both compilers. Try out with the latest
kdewin-installer."

http://windows.kde.org/news.php

And please look here just for the title:
http://winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/releases/stable/4.1.0/

> the target  audience is highly computer savvy people who don't mind messing
> with the hell that is windows.

I do not like this hell and I ,,don't mind" - but to report things that do not
work should be a kind of help?

> In the future, the hope is that all of these issues will be gone and
> joe user and his wife jane can happily use kde apps all the day long.

Regards,

Michael Bischof