target group

Dan Meltzer parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 15:38:37 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Michael Bischof
<michael-bischof at dv-kombinat.de> wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> who is the target group of kde-for-windows? I am just trying it out and find
> it in a status where I cannot recommend it to my pupils.
>
> In one case konqueror and kwrite work, but one cannot save any files anywhere
> and kmail does not run (complains missing files), in another case konqueror
> crashed each time, kmail runs but one cannot send mails or get them.
> I am a gymnasium teacher and kind of end customer, not a developer!

At this point, where kde-windows has yet to be released, the target
audience is highly computer savvy people who don't mind messing with
the hell that is windows.

In the future, the hope is that all of these issues will be gone and
joe user and his wife jane can happily use kde apps all the day long.